Re: *::For those who use MOT's::*

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

> I want to know what people are getting for Telsa Coil secondary output
using
> MOT's.
>
> 1. Let me know how many MOT's you are using in series or parallel
Normally 4 in series but sometimes 6
> 2. what the current consumption is or wattage draw
230v at 20A+  with 4 MOTs (ballasting and PFC operating)

> 3. primary tank capacitor size in "uF" or "nF"
90nF
> 4. what the Tesla Coil secondary output in inches/feet or meters is.
Two Meters with 4 MOTs but I'm a long way off optimised yet. I've seen
mention of 3m on the list with similar systems.
As you say MOTs are cheap and plentiful in most places. MOTs are modular and
easy to experiment with too. I'm looking at running 2MOTs straight off the
mains with two on the variac because I can split the line I/P's. This offers
laod splitting off Two mains circuits and means a modest variac can be used
too. MOT's are great in single phase situations because of the load sharing
option. They are actually tough too.

Rgds
Ted L in NZ