Re: MMC for 4 pack MOT supply

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: MMC for 4 pack MOT supply
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:07:33 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Allanh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><allanh-at-starband-dot-net>
>
>I plan to use two banks of 10 caps each which will give me 66 nf at 20KV.
>I've been using a fixed multi gap but
>when I tried a sync motor at 1800 RPM, two fixed electrodes and two
>rotating, I got nothing. This same RSG worked with an NST, but dosen't work
>with MOT's. I've tried .01 gaps but it only fires when the motor is
>switched
>off and the rotor slows way down.  Any ideas.
>
>allan

You need more electrodes and a faster RPM motor to make a more of a curcuit
connection! I'm fairly sure that this will solve your problem.
I am using 10 electodes rotating/ 10 fixed with the 10,000 RPM angle grinder
powered RSG. The more BPS you get the more charge per second one gets.

_