Re: primary solid/ tube and DC TENSION LINES

>Actually, very long distance, very high voltage tension

>lines are DC !!!!

	Actually: SOME are.  The highest voltage ones are
	AC.
	(Hint:
	Some of the power i use to send this comes from				Hydro-Quebec in in
Canada, via
+/-500KVDC link.
	I got a tour with the local IEEE group, some years
	back...

>>Heck, skin effect is an issue for long distance 60 Hz

>> power lines (hence ACSR

	..and occiasional use of hollow ocnductors (tho
	this may be a past practice...)

>> and bundling)

	Bundling is for corona reduction/avoidance.  The
	'bundle' of smaller wires 'looks like', for
	e-field, a conductor with a radius of the bundle.

	ferinstance, the HVDC link i mentioned above uses
	_bundled_ conductors AT DC...

	At Tesla coil primary currents and voltages, skin
	effect is starting to become noticable, expecially
	for the RF component...

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...