Re: Lexan (polycarbonate)

Lexan (polycarbonate) and plexiglas( Acrylic) also behave very differently
when you try to scratch them, with e.g. a key.  Once you've tried
scratching both, it's easy to tell the difference.. the polycarbonate is
resilient and you have to bear down a lot more to really gouge it, but it
feels "soft", and is very easy to "scuff" (as with a scrubbing pad) .  The
acrylic is easy to put light scratches in...

A knife or razor blade is even more distinct...

The two plastics have a different smell, if you cut them or sniff a
recently cut edge.

These kinds of things are handy when you're going through the bin of scraps
of mixed plastic.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>