High Power Solid State Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Just completed my new driver board for my new high powered solid state tesla
coil.
Basically, just a simple H-Bridge circuit using 1000V FETs (IXFN24N100)
which are pretty expensive themselves
at about $70.00 apiece.
I have successfully powered a resistive load obtaining an output voltage
swing of 1300 Volts peak-to-peak.  480 Volt input AC was obtained by using a
3kVA 120-480VAC transformer.  Input is half-rectified.  FETs only slightly
warm when running a 500 watt load.

Once i finish my toroid, i'll be hooking this up to my coil.  Additional
pics and details are at:

www.spacecatlighting-dot-com

Dan