Re: big shock

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

> i got the shock from the tesla coil output and couldn't understand why
> it hurt rather than tickle as the frequency is higher than the nerves
> can react to?

	Firstly, the nerves can respond to all manner of frequencies.
	Secondly, depending on the details of wiring, arrangement,
	and grounding, there can be a line freq component in the
	output.

	....and at the NST (if used) essentially mostly what there
	is is 60 Hz.  Will hurt, can kill.

	(Once told a CEO: NO.  HE COULD NOT TAKE the Tesla Coil
	to a trade show (as a demo of lan noise immunity....).
	Insufficient finger guards....)

	best
	dwp