Re: Deadman's switches

>Original poster: "Richard Williams by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <richardwwilliams-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>Hi List,
>
>What are you guys using for a deadman's switch?
>
>Rick W.
>Salt Lake City

The CB-1 control panel (our main coil power supply) uses a pair of lighted
pushbuttons (the big Allen Bradley industrial kind) with guards. you have to
arm the panel with a key (that I wear around my neck so if I'm making an
adjustment it can't be fired). When the panel is armed the buttons light up
showing they're hot. If only one button is pressed, nothing, if both are
pressed, bang :) There is no possible way the coil can accidentally be
fired. Everything fails to open, if you simply walk away from the panel, the
coil stops the second either of the buttons is released.

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group