Twin Coil Systems.

Original poster: "Neil Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <neil-at-opticalrealities-dot-com>

I was thinking of building one with a friend since they produce longer arcs,
and basically look nicer :)

I was wondering - do the primaries have to be connected in series or
parallel. I was thinking of parallel, but if they weren't tapped at exactly
the right point, the system would not work. In series, I would add the 2
inductances right? And about the secondaries - I know you must wind one
clockwise, the other counterclockwise, and connect their grounds together -
but what about their inductance and self capacitance? Would they be like 2
capacitors in parallel or series? Cos if I plan to build a twin coil system
I need to know how to make it work well first time, I want my first real
tesla coil attempt to be something to show off about :)