Re: Building Secondary

In a message dated 1/26/02 5:27:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hey, I'm about ready to start building my secondary. I chose 26" by 5" for my
> secondary on a coil powered by a 12kV 60mA nst, but I can't remember why. Do
> those dimensions appear correct and, if so, how much of that should I
> actually
> wind with wire? Thanks.

To ?
Those dimensions are as good as any other.  I would wind it almost
completely with wire.  For instance if the form is 26" long, I would
make the winding about 25" long.  There is nothing special about
certain dimensions as long as they are reasonable.  I'm assuming
you will use a wire of 22awg to 24awg, something in that range.
Wind just one single layer of wire evenly without cross-overs.

Cheers,
John