First Coil

Original poster: "Adam Horden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <adamhorden-at-blueyonder.co.uk>

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of building my first coil but I want to build a Solid State Coil.
I found some plans on the net but I want a few aeras clearing up. This is my
first coil so as much help as possible would be really grateful.

The plans I found are at
<http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sstate.html>http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/s
state.html

Here are my questions :-

1.) What size formers do you think are used for the isolation coils for the
driver board?

2.) In this pic
<http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/drivepcb.jpg>http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/
drivepcb.jpg you see mos fet drive I.cs these are not on the current circuit
here -
<http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sstc02.gif>http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/ss
tc02.gif and
<http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sstc01.gif>http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/ss
tc01.gif

3.) What gauge wire is used for the actual Tesla Coil?

4.) Is it possible to use this circuit to drive an ignition coil and used a
100VAC input on the driver board instead of 240VC?

5.) What materials do you use to actually form the coil?  I fought of
industrial gas pipe but I don't think is what coilers use. Any ideas?

Sorry if you think I should of emailed the designer but I did and I haven't got
a reply and I want to start building ASAP. I am hooked on High Voltage and
Nicola Tesla and cant weight to start the PCB layout and construction,

Thanks,

Adam D Horden