Ugraded my HV transmission line

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

Hi all,

I just wanted to share with everyone about my upgrading of
my transmission line from my power transformer to my Tes-
la coil. I had been using plain # 10 bldg wire inserted thru a
5/16" ID X 1/2" OD vinyl tube which in turn was inserted thru
some RF grounded Romex alum flexible conduit. I had no-
ticed that this setup would make a considerable corona
"hiss" if I energized the wire with it unconnected to the coil.
Jim Lux got me to thinking when he stated that this setup
would eventually fail due to the corona. So I ordered 25 ft.
of 75 kV rated x-ray cable from my friend Steve Flowers
and replaced the vinyl covered wire with this instead. This
cable is designed a lot like a big coax cable and is alrea-
dy shielded. It works great. BTW, my transformer is a 10
kVA, 14,400 volt pole pig.

Also, I noticed that the vinyl tubing had gotten rather hard
and stiff instead of flexible (maybe the effects of the corona?)

Anyway, I just thought that I would mention x-ray cable as
a good choice for the transmission line for a Tesla system.

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben

PS: Thanks Jim for getting me to thinking :-)