Re: TC quesions

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Sorry, I meant to say "not -just- a transformer."

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry
> Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>
> >
> > Not a bad explanation, except that it is -not- a
> > transformer.
>
> Why would this not be considered or called a
> "transformer? doesn't it
> "transform" the low voltage\high current stored in
> the "high
> capacitance\low inductance" side into a
> corresponding equal power in the
> "low capacitance\high inductance" side, at high
> voltage\ low current?
> All things are equal, unless the resonant rise makes
> the difference?
> Basically, Isn't this the same thing an iron core
> transformer does?
> Excuse my dumb showing through, but If i don't ask,
> I wont know.
> Thanks,
> Marc M.
>
>  The primary has high capacitance and low
> > inductance and so has very high circulating
> currents
> > and relatively low voltage. The secondary has low
> > capacitance and high inductance so it has much
> lower
> > circulating currents and correspondingly higher
> > voltage.

=====
Steve Greenfield               // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
253/879-0426 voice           // We use the best little computer in
polymorph-at-polyphoto-dot-com     // the world, the Amiga!
http://www.polyphoto-dot-com/  // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA

_