Re: TC control box?

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>i have built my (first) TC and i would like to make a box (or a board of
>some
>sort) that would control the voltage of the transformer, thus controling
>the
>TC. Does any body have a good plan or idea on how to go about this.

How many NSTs in your coil? What are they rated?

i was
>thinking of having a normal wall switch and then having a dimmer switch
>hooked
>into it. or something like that.Do they make special "dimmer" switches for
>high
>voltage?

It isn't high voltage, you control the feed-side of the tranny so it's ony
120VAC. You will use something like a dimmer, it's an Autotransformer called
a Variac

and also, i have a 15kv NST and i was wondering how much it would cost
>to buy a capacitor for it. Also, where could i buy one, i don't really feel
>like making one.

www.thegeekgroup-dot-org look for the MMC cap page :) They're the best Tesla
Coil Capacitors in the world, ask around, we're rather famous for them.

>Thanks
>Adam

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1