Geek Winter Teslathon

I've gotten quite a few emails asking about the Geek Winter Teslathon.
Here's the basics....

We're shooting for Saturday Feb-16th, I'll have a firm date this afternoon
when I sort out things with the legal dept.

It will be held at the Engineering college at Western Michigan University,
about 3 blocks from the Geek Group's Headquarters (they have a bigger room).

It's open to members, public, press, and anyone who wished to attend.
Admission is free but a $5 donation to the Group is welcome.

For details, questions, or to register to bring a coil please email me at
cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org

There will be several Geek Group projects on display. Some will be finished,
and it will be a sneak-preview of a few underway and not yet released to the
public. Projects on display will include...

Several of the Group's coils from a 4" tabletop, to the massive Haruka coil.

Geekmobile's Unit-0 and Unit-3 will both be on open display. Rides in Geek-3
will be availible.

The Thumper project will be on display with 80+ caps. Bring an empty soda
can and we'll send you home with a souvineer.

Both classes of Street Luges will be on display.

Plus several other goodies in the HV-HE realm :)

We will also be selling goodies. If you need a 150kV AC or DC power supply,
let me know and bring a truck! :) We'll be selling various things from HV
gear to T-shirts to raise money for the Group's projects. Swaps are
encouraged and if you have something we may be interested in let me know
ahead of time. We have a lot of stuff in stock and limited storage space and
I don't want to waste your time (and back) hauling something out that we
already have a half dozen of.

I regret to inform you that after the phone calls I got from angry wives we
can no longer accept children as a swap for gear.

Have fun guys! See ya at the thon.

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek