Re: primary and secondary distance

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> The first concern is to avoid an arc between the primary and secondary  so
> the gap should be slightly over your safety gap space, or about 3/4 in for a
> 15/60 NST. some people use more to reduce coupeling, but I dont.
>   Robert  H

	3/4"?  That seems pretty long!  I have always used a separate gap from
each NST terminal to the case, with spacing adjusted experimentally so
it just fires with no other connection  to the secondary, and then
opened up "just a little bit".

Ed