Re: NST Fix

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Ry,

Tesla list wrote:

<rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:10:47 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> writes:
> > Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> > <ludev-at-videotron.ca>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Personally I used a piece of plywood in place of the PVC because
> > some time the transfo could get really hot. I put the wood in
> > oven at 250 F for 2 hours and cook it in oil for half an hours to
> > get the humidity put. Not sure but I think pig used wood too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Luc Benard
> >

> Yes, but with the thing immersed in soybean oil, which by the way is very
> good insulator some capacitor company already has patented the use of it
> in there capacitors, the heat is negligible.
>
> Also the wood is likely to conduct at 15kv and create carbon tracks in it
> that conduct even better.

I could be wrong with that but in my experience really dry wood
saturated by oil have not tendency to carbon track, but I agree
with you that wood with out special treatment carbon tract
easily, wood that are standing inside house have always 10% or
more humidity.

Cheers,

Luc