Re: Glassmike caps

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

>Anyone have experience using Glassmike capacitors?
>I got some at a good price 6 rated at .06uf and 10kvdc and 4 .01uf -at-
>10kvdc.
>
>The larger ones are about the size of an empty toilet paper roll with
>1/8th" threaded electrodes on each end.
>The smaller ones are about the size of a "C" battery the same electrodes.
>
>I bought them cuz I think I have seen them in laser supplys.
>
>peace,
>Ry

Hi Ry...

Glassmikes are pretty much rated for DC circuits, ( not Tesla coil tank
circuits)   I also have a boxx full of them under the table gathering
dust ( about 15 if I remember correctly )

I had one blow up in a small coil setup and took a good look at it after
it died ....  seems like the dieletric is either mylar or similar
properties...   it definately isnt PP or PE ....

best bet   either hold on to them for a DC project or sell them on Ebay

another cap that is sold on Ebay that a lot of people bought for T
coiling was a black military surplus unit that is about 4" long X 1.25"
dia with a 10-24 thread one end and a 1/4 - 20 thread on the other end
....   these are not AC rated  either .....

Scot D