Teaching a newbie.

Original poster: "Neil Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <neil-at-opticalrealities-dot-com>

One of my friends came over the other day and caught me working on my tiny
tesla coil. He asked what it was, what it was for, the usual newbie
questions. I sent him to powerlabs to take a look at other tesla coils, and
now he wants to build one - but guess what? He knows very little about
electricity and electronics. How long do you think it would take me to teach
him everything he would need to know to design and build a tesla coil? I am
starting him out with basic circuits with transistors, capacitors and
resistors, and then helping him with a flyback driver before I let him mess
with the bigger stuff which I don't even know enough about to dare venture
there. He really wants to learn all this stuff, and has already done some
research and knows all the parts of a tesla coil, what they are for, and
where they go in a circuit.
So, is there any absolute beginner sites which I can send him to to learn
the basics in electronics? If I help him out enuf he can help me build a
bigger tesla coil. I still class myself as a beginner, and still have a lot
to learn myself.