Several Basic Questions

Original poster: "centauri by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>

Hey, I'm confused as to the ordering of the spark gap and capacitors. Does it
goes transformer, capacitors, spark gap or spark gap, capacitors? If It goes
spark, capacitors then what's the point of the spark gap, it seems like it
wouldn't ensure that the capacitors were charged. Also, what are "tank
capacitors" and what is a rotary gap? Third, What connects the spark gap to the
primary and the secondary to the toroid? Thanks. Even if you just point me to a
webpage with the answers to these questions that would be great.