Re: Spun Toroids

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tb3-at-att-dot-net>

Well, I never got one, because I found out about the
bulk buy of spun aluminum toroids.  But this is what
Dave said;

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Terry,

Our economical toroids are made from a very smooth
fiberglass form covered with aluminum foil tape.

They are aluminum heater duct, covered with fiberglass
and then sanded down to a very smooth surface.  The
center disk is a solid sheet of aluminum.  We smooth the
foil tape down on the fiberglass into a very smooth
surface.

Their performance is very similar to that of a spun
aluminum toroid.    They are very similar in weight to
the spun aluminum toroids.  The surface is very
durable.  Furthermore, our toroids are easily repairable
if they do become damaged.  If they should
become "dented", take some bondo, fill in the dent, sand
smooth, and apply some aluminum foil tape over the
repair, smooth the tape down - voila! good as new!

We also sell 2" x 8" and 3" x 12" in the spun aluminum
toroids.

Dave
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I was sent the following hi-res photos of the 8" x 30"
toroids.  They do look very good.

http://home.attbi-dot-com/~tb3/8x30Toroid1.jpg
http://home.attbi-dot-com/~tb3/8x30Toroid2.jpg
http://home.attbi-dot-com/~tb3/8x30Toroid3.jpg

You can have Dave make you almost anything you want.

6"x20" Toroid        $89.95
8"x36" Secondary     $99.95
1/2"x8"x36" Primary $219.95

Total  $409.85

Not bad for a good sized tesla coil.  Mind the shipping
though.  It can get expensive for very large
components.  Dave is in Tampa, Florida.

Terry Blake