Re: Current splitting inductor

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>

>I am in the process of building a current-splitting inductor for my
pig-powered
>coil. The inductor will be used to equally distribute current to 2
parallel 240
>volt variacs, each handling 25 amps. The inductor is designed to handle 50
>amps. The inductor consists of an iron toroid about 5" in diameter with 2 sets
>of windings, each with 11 turns of 8 guage wire. I have essentially duplicated
>a Superior Electric design for a similar inductor which they sell for over
>$100.

Hi Steve....

I also made a paralelling choke for my 2  1256D's. I used a core from an
old 5A variac and wound it with #10 THHN solid copper wire.  I wrapped
the outer portion of the choke with a couple layers of electrical tape
...  after a couple of years, the tape is still holding things together.

Superior Electric doesnt use anything on their chokes to hold the wires
in place....

check out my webpage under tesla coils for paralleling variacs.  it has
schematics and pictures showing how to do it ...

HTTP://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

Scot D