Current splitting inductor

Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>

I am in the process of building a current-splitting inductor for my pig-powered
coil. The inductor will be used to equally distribute current to 2 parallel 240
volt variacs, each handling 25 amps. The inductor is designed to handle 50
amps. The inductor consists of an iron toroid about 5" in diameter with 2 sets
of windings, each with 11 turns of 8 guage wire. I have essentially duplicated
a Superior Electric design for a similar inductor which they sell for over
$100. Mine has cost me about $10 to build. I assume that because the magnetic
field will be so intense that I need to secure the windings with something in
order to keep the windings from moving and making noise. Can anyone recommend a
suitable substance or method for securing the windings? The wire is Radio Shack
megacable which has PVC insulation so it may be difficult for some substances
to adhere to it. This wire was used for its flexibility and tight bending
radius. Is tape strong enough? If so, what kind? I was also thinking of
liberally applying RTV to the windings to encase them. Does anyone know what
the Superior Electric inductor uses?

Steve: Coiling in Iowa