Re: reverse recovery time of 6 kV diodes from All-Electronics

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I don't know a lot about diodes except the whole rectification, max current,
and peak reverse voltage. Anyway, I am using these diodes to rectify the output
of a flyback(powered by 12v) to power a small TC. It does work pretty
well(spark output a little under 3"), but the thing is that the flyback itself
produces much shorter sparks when its rectified with the diodes. This causes
the spark gap to be hard to set good. Is there a reason the rectification does
this?

Mark