Re: line filters

Greg: This is just my thoughts of filters. I want to reduce the noise of my
coil so I put the highest "Q" parts near my coil. I dont want to let my
transformer resonate so I put low "Q" near the transformer. This keeps noise
with noise and quiet with line voltage and test equipment.
   Robert  H

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:34:36 -0700
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: line filters
>
> Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> While this topic will get you differing opinions even today, I would like to
> direct you to the Corcom FAQ about line filters:
>
> http://www.corcom-dot-com/faq/rfifaq.htm
>
> Of particular interest will be the sections:
>
> How Does a Power Line Interference Filter Work?
> What is the Concept of Power Line Filters as "Impedance Mismatching
Networks"?