Re: RSG Idea

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> I note that Fruengel quotes the Rad Lab documents as saying this form of
> rotary gap didn't work very well.. the dielectric tended to burn up, and
> given that you still have to spin a disk and time it properly, you might as
> well spin electrodes.

	I found it quite surprisng that Glascoe et all give a lot of discussion
to rotary gaps and say that despite experiments with "spark gaps
designed for radio use" straight tungstern wire electrodes seemed to
work as well as any!  The power they worked with seldom exceeded 2 kW
average, and the peak currents were probably only 100 amps or so.

Ed