RE: Making Flat secondaries - disaster #1...

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

>  A real good bet when drilling acrylic and lexan is to grind your bit into
a very wide included angle, the included angle should be around 160 deg. so
that it chips away at the material, not cutting into it.  Also, I have found
that straight mineral oil used as a lube on jig saw blades, or drill press
bits and hand tools will allow a good clean cut with little cleanup.

I have found the best way to drill Plexiglas is to put a block of wood above
and below the Plexiglas and press them together tightly while drilling.

Dave