Re: (Fwd) RE: Longitudinal Waves

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> I am amused by your discussion about scopes.I am not now,but I was a QA
> inspector for the USAF/beau of std.and I find the modern concept that a
> digital reproduction af a real analog signal is some how with out fault. The
> fact that one is a reproduction in itself says it is not a true real time
> representatiom, but anly a facsimile to represent something real with
> limitations that must be consitered in any valid use of test equipment.
>      Robert  H

	I have observed many opportunities for screwups when using "digital
scopes" which don't show up with the "good old fashioned analog ones".
Used properly they can be very useful, particularly if they can record
nice files, but necessarily in the hands of neophytes or the
inexperienced and uncritical.

Ed