~Geek Group Bucket Cap- part two

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbanse-at-comcast-dot-net>

OK,

I bought the 5-way  binding posts like it said to buy....radio shack #274-662A

Anyway...they were alot smaller than I expected.

I also got some #10 wire which is alot thinner than I expected...about 1/16 of
an inch in diam.

It fits perfectly in to the 5-ways.......but why would you use such thin wire
with such a hugh cap??

I have read about using 1/4" carriage bolts going into the bottles??

Also, I see that one end of the 5-way unscrews, and you put the wire through
the hole and screw down onto it.....but the other side is just a very thin post
with a tiny nut on it....

Do I just wrap the wire around the post...and clamp down on it with the nut?

Part 2

I have high voltage neon wire coming from my NST terminals.....going from such
a 'high load' wire into a #10 bare copper wire?

How will the copper stand up to the load...will it be ok?

One more thing...

It says in the geek group bucket cap instructions to bend the wire into a 'U'
shape and connect the bottles....(which I understand)

But with two or three wires in each bottle, AND the terminal from the top going
straight down into the center bottle..(or anyone for that matter) won't you get
some arc(ing) from wire to wire, inside the cap?

Just food for my brain...

Thanks,
Jaime