Re: 240 vac variac observation

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I use a 240 Volt variac for my coiling and there is no neutral wire
used in the hookup at all.  The entire winding is connected across
the two hot wires feeding 240 Volt from my power contactor, and I
simply take the load off the one brush and the end of the winding
that gives a voltage increase with clockwise turning of the knob.
It couldn't have been simpler to hook up.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca