Re: c^2 and Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/5/02 2:45:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>
>
> I've recently published a preliminary paper concerning the acceleration of
> area in the equation e=mc^2 and longitudinal waves.  This is very relevant
> to Tesla coil builders, particularly to those wiring large coils.
> Understanding that the natural pattern for pulsed waves is to form
> longitudinal waves we can use this information to build more efficient
> coils.  In fact, this shows why Tesla's flat spiral secondaries were his
> choice for Wardencliffe.
>
> The paper is at
> http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/c2_and_longitudinal_waves.htm
>
> When you understand how c^2 really looks, you will see that Tesla was right
> all along concerning longitudinal waves.  The potential gains to be had from
> this view are many.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave, All,
Unfortunately, the paper you cite contains several assumptions and declarations
by Tesla that have been proved dead wrong:
1. Heaviside layer does exist and has very accurately measured properties
2. The Aether does NOT exist. (cf Michelson-Morley experiment and Einstein's
interpretation thereof)
3. The energy radiated as "Hertzian" (electromagnetic transverse waves)
accounts for ALL of the input energy to a transmitter (minus heat losses) and
therefore, if longitudinal waves exist, the must contain NO energy.
4. <http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/TeslaCD/Tesla%20Patents/00787412.pdf>US
Patent 787,412 and
<http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/TeslaCD/Tesla%20Patents/01119732.pdf>US
Patent 1,119,732, describe devices that were never completed and therefore
never
tested.
5. Specifically, the device in 1,119,732 was for the transmission of energy
through the earth as through it were a conductor, not via electromagnetic
radiation at all.
6. His atmospheric transmission system, as described in patents 645,576,
649,621, et. seq. were, in his day, and remain today, unconstructable. They
also relied on a non-existant layer of the atmosphere at a height of ~15 miles.

Your quotation from Einstein about God and Dice is one of the most misquoted
and misunderstood. It was Einstein's rejection of the "Copenhagen
Interpretation" of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and does not relate
directly to special relativity arguments.

I am not all sure that a mailing list on the practical aspects of Tesla Coil
construction is the proper venue for a major dissertation on field theory or a
class on Tensor Calculus, so I'm getting off my soap box now.

Matt D.
G3-1085