Re: Moderator note - AOL problems

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/25/02 9:09:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

   -- snip --

>After pestering Terry and Chip, I started in with AOL for nearly three
>weeks. On the very first call they gave me 2 months of free service and a
>conversation with an idiot tech who wanted to fix my modem
>and connections. A few of the AOL techs blamed it on the sender or
>said the sender was blocking me. No amount of explanation that it was one
>particular domain that was being blocked to several AOL members could
>penetrate Dilbert. It took hours and days of calls with many Dilberts to
>finally reach a "supervisor" who would admit that AOL does monitor the email
>and that probably my tesla mail had been declared as spam. The filters are
>automatic but the monitoring is done by hundreds of their drones scattered
>around the planet. One of these idiots has declared the tesla list as spam.
>It's a deliberate act by one or more humanoids but a random act on a few
>servers that affects a few lucky AOL members.

-- snip --

A little off topic, I know.  I also have had many discussions with AOL over
the years about different problems.  It is never their problem, there is
always something wrong with your system.  Their standard boiler plate
answers must have some poor folks doing a lot of unneeded work.  I have had
a couple of messages come up missing that I sent to the list over the last
few weeks.  But I seem to be receiving mail ok.  I did not check my mail
yesterday.  At 10:00 AM PST on 12-26-02, I have 10 messages dated 12-25 and
16 dated 12-24.

Ed Sonderman