paralleling variacs

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok,

Im sure there are plenty of you guys who have done this!  I would like to
parallel 2 of my (well my only) 7.5A variacs, so that i have 1 15A variac.
Im kinda doubting that this will work, becuase one is a powerstat, and the
other adjust-a-volt (or something like that).  But they are nearly
identical, and look to have the same wire guage.  They are physically the
same.  The one difference is that the powerstat is rated for 135V out, and
the adjustavolt 140v.  But the powerstat says 115V in, so im guessing thats
why its only rated 135v out.  So, is there any feasability of paralleling
these smaller variacs?  I suppose i dont really NEED a 15A variac.  But i
was swayed when my new tube coil blew the 15A fuse after a short period of
a lower power run!  My other tube coils run at about 14-16A, and i always
use the little 7.5A variacs (not together).  But, i feel the new dual 833A
coil will need something a little more robust.  So am i dreaming, or it is
possible to parallel these slightly different variacs?  If so, what do i
need to do?

Thanks,

Steve Ward.