Re: I want huge sparks.

In a message dated 12/18/02 7:26:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

David,

For a 15/60 NST, for max spark length, I'd use a 5" or 6" dia. x
28" to 32" tall secondary wound with 25awg or 24awg wire.  The
cap value should be at least 0.02uF LTR and the toroid should be
6" x 24" or slightly larger.  The spark gap is very important and
a 120 bps sync rotary is very good for such a coil.  My spark length
formula gives 66" spark streamers for such a coil.  NST's can output
more than their rated wattage in a TC, especially when powered by
a 140V output variac.

Of course a variety of coil design parameters can work well.

Holiday Cheers,
John