Re: Driving circuit FET problem

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

George:   May I suggest some solutions. If you increase your output
impedance a short will not shut you off. An added series coil or resistance
should sufice. That will prevent a short circuit being reflected back to
your schmitt osc. a second thought would to increase your feedback in the
schmitt with a slight delay or a small coil to slow down the reaction time
of the circuit, thus giving your FET more time to react to a reflected
short. Mostly you want high voltage not high current so adding a few ohms
(meg ohms) to your output probibly will not be noticed.
   Robert  H