Re: DC? was: mechanical bridge rectifier

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

my name? my name is jamie bout, 17, canada bc, Only built a tiny tc out of
a film capsul so far.. made 1inch arcs till the 3v relay wire I used to
make it started arcing over at points..
Sigh, it was so loud and cool too :/
was powered from a flyback, flyback powered by my own smps iv made from
burnt out computer power supplys..
One day.. I will get the hf transformer of my dreams to match with my cap
and transistor bank...
20,000uf of caps at 200v, 12 10amps rms, 20amps peak 1mhz transistors, 400v
rated, 80watts disipation each
So. what else to do with 20,000uf of caps, a 120amp at 400v switching bank
then find a big ass hf transformer and make a giant smps rated in the kw range
I'll be able to start a car.. without a battrey!

Cost so far? $20 in some optoisolators I soon replaced with a pulse
transformer (anyone know a good use for 10mhz optoisolators?) solder, iron,
wire. Parts are all from burnt out computer psu's from work

12 transistors, each able to switch 10amps rms