Re: Floating Scopes

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Assuming current is the main interest, one might just attach some
 > thermocouple type RF ammeter between their secondary winding and top
 > capacitance. You can read an analog panel meter from some feet away, don't
 > need large scope sized faraday cages and all that.
 >
 > I don't have any thermocouple type meters anymore, otherwise I'd try it
 > myself.
 >
 > KEN

	I DO (grab every one I can lay my hands on) and I'll try measuring the
current at the BASE of my little coil.  Can't see how it would be
radically different from the current into the top terminal.  Because of
the low duty factor of the waveform, may not see much.

Ed