Doorknob Replacement

Original poster: "Tim Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tflood-at-stllabs-dot-com>

It's finally time to replace the doorknob caps in my small TC with MMC's. I
borrowed a Hasselblad camera from the companies' photo dept. in hopes of
taking some nice streamer photos. However, the coil died after the second
photo.

I've had it with these caps and would apprieciate any input on my
intentions for replacement with MMC's.
I'm currently using four .004 uf caps in parallel for a total of .012 uf.

Using the Geek Group caps, which I believe are rated at .15 uf -at- 2000 vdc,
would a single string of 12 caps be OK as a replacement for the doorknob
caps I'm presently trying to use?

The specs on the coil are:

                     HV power - two 9000 v. 60 ma. NST's in parallel
                     Spark gap - four fixed gaps in series set -at- .03 each
gap, 1/4" dia. tungsten
                     Primary - nine turns of 1/2" wide brass strip
                     Secondary - 3" dia. x 12" wound 11" w/ .024 mag. wire
                     Top Load - 3" x 12" dia. toroid

Thanks in advance for any help or constructive criticism.

Tim Flood