Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "c d by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

When people refer to the skin effect they are refering to the tendancy of
high voltage to travel along the outer surface of a wire or channel instead
of the interior of the wire. Ok Im not a scientist and I have actually only
recently learned about all of this, but I am truely amazed at how many
"smart people" take this literally in a human biology sense. The skin of
your body is NOT being refered to.

If a High Voltage charge gets to you It will travel along the outer surface
of every channel in your body. That means over your skin And along the
surface of your blood vessles, along the outer surface of your nerves, and
even down along the surface of your bones. In this case, Skin means the
outer structural edge. The human body has lots of substructures on the
inside, those substructures have lots of outer structural edges for current
to run along.

Please Look for information on people that have been struck by lightning,
it is good safety data. Just because we make lightning at home doesnt mean
its any less dangerous...RF is RF. RF burns nerves, and vaprizes joint
lubrication, all kinds of seriously usefull internal parts can be damaged.

Was I the only newbie coiler of the year who read all of the safety
documentation that came with the kit. Um oh yeah there wasnt a kit. :)
You probably didn't know that the coil has to be tuned exactly to the
specific capacitance of the human being doing the light bulb trick. And
lots of other safety precautions have to be taken, or so Ive been told.
Leave the throwing sparks stuff to people like KVA effects, people who can
do math and measurements accurately enough to survive the process unharmed.
Remember we are playing with technology that was invented long before human
safety and RF energy became a concern.

On a less sarcastic note
Happy holidays
be safe