Re: LTR vs. more primary turns

In a message dated 12/4/02 2:00:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Chris,

Yes, a high surge impedance is *good*.  You can use both
a large cap and a large number of primary turns by using a large
topload toroid and a large number of turns on the secondary.
The high surge impedance reduces gap losses, and the many
turns and large topload lowers the resonant frequency which
may also give an "efficiency" benefit.

Since your question specifies a given frequency, I'd say that
the use of LTR is important with NST's, so that may outweigh
the advantage of using more turns.  Especially if you're using
a srsg.  But for best results keep the frequency low also.

John