Re: OLTC Update

Original poster: "Eddie Burwell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <eburwell-at-columbus.rr-dot-com>

At 08:50 PM 8/18/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>

>I could kick myself for one thing...  I have no way of getting a current
>monitor in the primary circuit :-((  I have like six Pearson current
>monitors here (one is a 50,000 amp!) and no way to insert one in the
>circuit.  I guest that is why they make the split clamp one types too (and
>charge 5X for them!  They know when they gotcha!)

Perhaps you could wind a Rogowski coil around a piece of hose or something
similar. Use your favorite opamp to make an integrator. You could calibrate
it against one of your Pearson transformers.

some links that turned up on google:
http://homepage.ntlworld-dot-com/rocoil/Pr9.pdf
http://www.rocoil.cwc-dot-net/

Eddie Burwell