Re: coherers

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> >>What about eddy current losses?  Don't the turns make contact
> >> with each other?
>         Is this the loop wire for the magnetic detector?
>
>         If so, the voltages are so small that, even
>         without formal insulation:
>
> > Maybe. A kind of litz wire would be desirable.
>
>         Indeed, however Multi strand wire, even if not
>         formally insulated, by act insulated...
>         best
>         dwp

	The wire I have here is all galvanized and measures a very low
resistance between strands.  Somewhere there's an old picture which may
be hung with plain steel wire, and I'll dig that out and measure the
"insulation".  If I could find some wire that appeared suitable I'd make
a model of the detector for experiments, and see if it would work.

Ed