Re: coherers

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <
> The staff of the museum looked quite impressed when I told them.
> The two devices are exactly these:
> http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/radiomuseum/maggie.jpg
> http://www.faradic-dot-net/~gsraven/fons_images/Page_2/MAG_DET.jpg
> (Without the little handle in the pulley)
> http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/radiomuseum/tuner.jpg
> http://www.faradic-dot-net/~gsraven/fons_images/Page_2/marctune.jpg
> There is a schematic diagram here:
> http://home.luna.nl/~arjan-muil/radio/marconi/marconi-system1.html
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio:

	Are those pictures of the actual items in your museum?  It would appear
not.  Those are very rare items, and ones in that condition are
exceptional and have all been restored, as far as I know.  Are "yours"
in that condition?  I believe there was a recent estate auction in which
both a magnetic detector and a Marconi tuner were sold.  I'll try to
find the details and send them.

Ed