Re: Electrical Oscillators in Space

Hi Antonio,

On 6 Aug 2002, at 22:02, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> > WHat we need is an experiment that needs a big vacuum, or that somehow
> > interacts with the outerspace environment.
>
> Would a Van de Graaf generator, or something simpler generating static
> electricity by friction, work in high vacuum?

I would think so.

> Would it be feasible to use intense electric fields to attract objects
> in space? For example, to precipitate dust in the vicinity of a space
> telescope.

I'd say not when they're moving at a relative speed of thousands of
km/hr. In fact it might make the equipment more susceptible to being
hit by the slowest moving particles although the damage those
particles would cause would be minimal. You'd really want to deflect
particles away wouldn't you?

Regards,
malcolm