Re: Electrical Oscillators in Space

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: Electrical Oscillators in Space

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> > WHat we need is an experiment that needs a big vacuum, or that somehow
> > interacts with the outerspace environment.
>
> Would a Van de Graaf generator, or something simpler generating static
> electricity by friction, work in high vacuum?
>
> Would it be feasible to use intense electric fields to attract objects
> in space? For example, to precipitate dust in the vicinity of a space
> telescope.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Hmmm.... good questions..  Clearly, a VdG would work in space, it not
depending on an atmosphere...(and, in fact, the charge carrying capacity of
the belt would be much greater.

For dust... not much dust in space to attract ... I do know someone who is
fooling with the idea of using electrostatic techniques to capture dust on
the surface of Mars.