RE: Poweer Controller and SAFETY?

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Dan: Yes, all safety considerations were not only met, but over-engineered.
Jeff Parise provided some valuable input too which I still thank him for.

The main power (AC line) to the NST was routed through another socket so
that if the transmitter or receiver either failed completely in the ON
position or froze in the ON position, an assistant in the room could readily
unplug that cable in a fraction of a second.

Tests were done to verify that. Fortunately, we never had to do it during
'showtime'.
The only annoying occurence was that an installed backup Edison fuse in the
external NST power supply box would occasionally pop. Why? I never installed
PFC caps and I pushed the envelope of the circuit breaker. But that has been
rectified too (no pun intended. My thanks in that area to Terry and John
Morawa.

Let me assure you that the first year of operation, many hours of "what-if"
scenarios were discussed and addressed. I am glad to report that over 24,000
people saw that coil in 2000 and about 30,000 in 2001 during the Halloween
run. Not one was injured in any way. I wish others could be as safety minded
as you appear to be. Bravo.

Safety First

Ted