Re: Update to my problems with understading Tesla Theory

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Craig Shaffer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bshaffer-at-coe.neu.edu>

> -What is the best order to tune a coil?  What does every one else do when
they
> change the top load?

Usually the primary tap is changed until the output is the best (or
course,
turn off the system while changing the tap). It's also possible to
change
the top load. A very convenient method is to connect a telescopic
antenna
to the top load and tune the system for the best sparks at the top of
the
antenna by changing the length of the antenna. For a higher power
system,
add a ball or a toroid at the top of the antenna.

> -If im getting about 6 inches of corona why am I not able to get streamers.

Streamers develop from corona. 6" of corona without streamers seems
strange. Maybe what you see are just short streamers due to low power or
wrong tuning. Are you not talking about sparks or arcs to ground?

  I> tried mixing bowls and I got longer corona discharge but the bowls
leak around
> the edges a lot so I fixed up a quick torrad with 4" aluminium duct and I
can't
> make it discharge at all&.Even with a screw for a discharge point.  It would
> seem that my new torriad is way to much top load???  What is the deal with
> picking it up off the coil (how far should it be?)

Toroid, from the geometric figure called "torus".
A too large top load reduces the output voltage and turns breakout
difficult. The main problem appears to be tuning.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz