From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 11:02 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: New Inductance Formula

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

> Inductance is defined as the flux linkages divided by the current causing
> the flux or
>
>    L = A/I
>
> Refer to page 538 the Electromagnetics Problem Solver by Dr. M. Fogiel,
> 1983, Research and Education Association.
>
> John Couture

	Not sure what A represents in your expression, but it seems to fit very
well with the definition I learned in physics class longer ago than I
want to think of.

	Inductance = flux linkages per unit current

which appears to be the same if A represents flux linkages.

Ed