Re: Is Corum and Corum forbidden topic?

Hi Rob,

The work of the Corums is not forbidden. :-)  However, in the last few
years I think the general consensus is that more modern ideas and theories
have taken their place.  There have been some stunning changes in the last
few years regarding resonator theory.  You really did miss a lot ;-))  Most
things are now very predictable and easy to simulate and measure.

Very good lumped element models are available:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

A number of programs can predict primary to secondary coupling to within 1%:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.ZIP
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.PDF

Programs like E-Tesla can predict resonant frequencies of secondaries with
toroids and such to within a few %:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla6.zip

The secondary voltage profiles not only have been predicted but measured:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/NSVPI/NVSPI.htm
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn1710/

I think the theory presented in Paul's paper at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/pn2511-10e.pdf

is by far the best out there.  It seems to predict reality stunningly well
and many parts of it have been verified.  Many parts of the Corum's
resonator theories now have been directly disproved.  So the Corum's ideas
are not forbidden but rather have been replaced with newer theory.

Cheers,

	Terry