Re: New Inductance Formula

Hi Dave,

Well, I tried your formula but am getting a value of 37837. If this is mH, then
it's way off, but maybe I've made a boo boo. Therefore, here's my flat coil
measurements. Do the your math and let us know what you come up with. My L
meter is the Wavetek 27XT.

"All" values "measured":
298 turns
0.0225 total wire diameter (.0201 bare)
13.9775 OD
0.625 ID
13.8 ohms
11.9 mH

For what it's worth, Acmi predicted 12.0mH and JavaTC predicted 11.8mH
(Wheeler). From my inductance measurements and from my perspective, I am unable
to ascertain why there's an issue.

Take care,
Bart