Re: Tesla Diodes home made?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> Ed: I am glad to hear this , I will run out and tell my linier accelerator
> rectifier what you said so it can stop to follow your rule. They wernt told
>    Robert  H

Robert:

	More details please.  What is the forward breakdown voltage and
conduction voltage at some peak current, and what are the reverse
breakdown voltage and leakage currents?  Apparently I misread the
original note, as I thought it had to do with rectifying the HV output
of a TC to draw POWER from it; in that application it would have to have
low forward voltage and reverse leakage to be useful.  Rectifiers using
assymetrical electrodes have been around for a very long time and,
before the days when radio interference was important, used in some
electrostatic precipitators.  Early cold-cathode rectifiers for "B
Battery Eliminators" worked on a similar principle except that they were
operated in a low pressure gas (helium or argon, as far as I can tell)
envelope.

Ed